
I've been a fan of the folk-punk genre for a few years and Andrew Jackson Jihad is definitely a breath of fresh air. What really got me into the genre was Against Me!'s Acoustic EP. It's only 17 minutes long so naturally I wanted more. The need for more led me to Defiance, Ohio which held me over well, but then I discovered AJJ and I think I finally found what I was looking for. The songs are written with simple chord progressions but the lyrics are so intense. AJJ's lyrics, in my opinion, are more intense the most metal bands. They are brutally honest and are unlike anything i have ever heard anywhere else. They've released alot of music which include 3 EPs, 2 full lenghts, and several splits. They've even done a cover of Neutral Milk Hotel's Two-Headed Boy with the cover art done my Mitch Clem. This album is probably my favorite release from them. My favorite song from this release is titled A Song Dedicated To The Memory of Stormy the Rabbit. It starts off with awesome alliteration and ends with brutal honesty. Another song that is worth mentioning is titled Bad Bad Things where the singer talks about killing your family. Good shit.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/tr8uib
Enjoy.
-Phil
No comments:
Post a Comment