Thursday, June 11, 2009

Casiotone for the Painfully Alone - Vs. Children



This is Casiotone for the Painfully Alone's latest album and I cannot stop listening to it. The first CFTPA song I heard is a lovely tune titled "Young Shields" which is basically based on the life of your average hipster. The song came on a mix i downloaded and the song really stuck out to me. After getting really into it, I needed more and found Vs. Children. This is album is great. It's a very chill indie record with keys that just make me smile. The melodies are damn catchy but although the vocals aren't anything to write home about, the lyrics are good and interesting. There's a theme going on about past loves and of course, children. A standout track "Killers" is probably the most honest and simple songs on this one with lyrics like, "oh my god, what if we had an accident", "til you're dead, that's how long you're a parent, til you're dead", and "we can be killers for just one night". I'm sure you can guess what that one is about. Give this one a few listens and you'll catch yourself tapping your foot to this one.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lc0nvv

Enjoy.

-Phil

No comments: