Sunday, September 6, 2009

Canibus - Can-I-Bus


Hey guys, it's been a while since i've posted here. I went back to Tallahassee and upon my arrival I ended up moving out the house and into an apartment at the last minute. It's been a very hectic two weeks, but everything seems to be settling down now.

I bring to you Canibus' first full length album, Can-I-Bus, which came out in 1998. The album wasn't a commercial success, but I consider it to be one of my favorite albums of all time. This album is pretty much good from start to end. Wyclef produced some of this album, as well as Canibus himself. Canibus is definitely and underated rapper. He's got a very aggresive flow, much like a battle rapper, and has pretty ridiculous metaphors. Definitely an intelligent man with a unique style.
There are three guest appearences on the album, from Mike Tyson (yes, the boxer), Free (of 106 and Park), and Pras (the third member from the Fugees). My favorites on this album are Get Retarded, How We Roll, and Buckingham Palace. Canibus is very dope fucking rapper and I hope you enjoy this. This man needs much more credit for this album.
This album also has the song Second Round K.O. which is a diss to LL Cool J. They had a fued that began on a song they both did with Method Man, Redman, and DMX. There were some issues with each other's verses and now they aren't cool. His diss has the Mike Tyson appearence. Canibus is the man. Enjoy fuckers.

Can-I-Bus Download
4321 (Master P is in the video for some reason, mad random)
Buckingham Palace

-Phil

No comments: