Friday, September 25, 2009

Mt. St. Helens Vietnam Band- Self-titled

I was on vimeo the other day checking out a great live recodring of Pelican courtesy of a show name "We Have Signal". Apparently its a show that is actually funded by the PBS chapter of Alabama. Anyways after I got through that I started clicking on links around for suggestions and watched the new video for "Do You" by Portugal the Man. I particularly liked the direction and lighting and looked at the credits and then came across a name that did another video for this band, Mt. St. Helens Vietnam Band. For some reason I automatically thought of Andrew Jackson Jihad and expected that kind of music, could't have been more wrong. I thoroughly enjoyed the mix of rock riffs with the indie sound and overall talent of the band. They're from Seattle too, which is a big plus in my books. Have a listen, you'll be pleased.


-Santi

No comments: